Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Talent Show

It is sunday afternoon and I am watching some television. When I flicked the tv-channels i came across the Notre Dame-channel where I saw a recording of the talent show which was held last Thursday.
As I was looking at a performance I though I didn't have enough blogs posted for english class. So i decided i might aswell write a blog about the talent show.
First of all I wasn't thinking of going to the talent show but I heard in my freshman seminar class that I could get some credits for following this event.
Moreover one of the soccer player : David Robinson is performing on the talent show.
So we went there after dinner on Thursday with some people and when we came in the basement at 7 o'clock, there were tables set up for us with some snacks and drinks.
The talent show started with an act from some cynical act lectured from 3 teachers. It was called "Introducing Shakespeare into College Life" where they took a sentence or passage from a play written by Shakespeare and they added a typical college response after it. Although some responses were creative and funny, most of them were a bit duff and a bit to forced to be funny. After all I think it was a good act. The second performance was a speech called " Why I love Notre Dame College" by Michael Manozzi, a guy from my english class and in between all the performances there were 2 students who presented the show and asked questions to the audience to keep the night a bit interactive. They asked questions like " when was Notre Dame College founded?" which was because of the Founders Week-theme. By answering the questions you could win prices.
Then there was David Robinson aka Superdave with his guitar and he played 2 songs which I already heard before but it was good anyway. One of them was called "Tell my why" which reminds me of a very gay Backstreet Boys-song. Also there was a speech from Zach ... about who he is (a bit funny although I think he didn't noticed that himself).
There were 2 more performers, one of them played guitar very well and in my point of view he should have won the talent show and the other one played violin very well.
They were both adults and I think this is mainly the reason why they didn't won, because off course Notre Dame want to see her students to win and this (not very suprising) happened. Superdave won the talent show and at 8:30 pm we left the hall to go out!

No comments: